Thermal paper has many uses and can be found in most of our daily activities. Thermal printing is fast, quiet, energy-efficient and low-maintenance. Because of such a wide range of applications, a number of new products have had to be developed to meet specific needs.
The result is the new thermal papers developed during 2003. After intensive research carried out by Torraspapel corporate teams, the range of thermal paper produced in the Leitza (Navarra, Spain) paper mill has increased from three to six products. The new products that have been included in the range are:
- Termax SF1C: (Standard Fax 1 Color) a standard 55 g/m2 thermal paper that comes in four colors: yellow, pink, green and blue. Its uses are the same as those of Termax SF1.
- Termax PRN: (Printer Not Coated) unprotected 80 g/m2 paper. It is used for receipts in which a higher-grade paper is necessary, such as bank receipts.
- Termax PHR: (Printer Heat Resistant) 55 and 75 g/m2 heat-resistant paper, mainly used for parking metre receipts.
These three new products complete the previous range, which consisted of the three following products:
- Termax SF1: (Standard Fax 1) standard 55 g/m2 paper used for faxes, POS, medicine, etc.
- Termax LNC: (Label Not Coated) higher-grade than standard paper but with similar features. It is 74 g/m2 and is mainly used in labels.
- Termax ONC: (Offset Not Coated) thermal paper is guaranteed for offset printing and comes in two weights: 57 and 77 g/m2. It is used in all kinds of receipts and labels where preprinting in offset is done.
With the new products, Torraspapel's goal is to meet new market needs, accounting for 90% of thermal paper consumption.